Keto Bread - Inspired by Australia
Author: steve (HCP)
g KetoCal 4:1 Powder (Unflavoured)
g Almond meal, Asda (Patient added*)
g psyllium husk (HCP added*)
g Butter, unsalted
ml Apple Cider VInegar (Patient added*)
ml Egg, beaten (HCP added*)
ml Cream, double, Tesco (HCP added*)
g Baking powder
g Water, distilled
1. Preheat oven to 165 C/gas mark 3.
2. Combine 72g of almond meal, KetoCal, psyllium husk and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Whisk melted butter, eggs, cream, water and apple cider vinegar.
4. Using a spatula, gently mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients to form a batter.
5. Grease a medium loaf tin and dust with remaining almond meal (8g), then pour batter into the tin.
6. Bake until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean (approx. 30 mins).
7. Let bread cool on a wire rack, cut into 10 equal slices and serve.
Avoid over mixing the batter to prevent the bread from getting oily and dense. You can toast the Keto bread under the grill or in a frying pan. Bread can be frozen. We recommend slicing the loaf once cool, and place grease-proof paper between each slice to avoid them sticking when frozen. Then simply thaw or toast anytime!
Nutrition Information (for entire recipe):
KetoCal 4:1 Powder2.5:1 ratioModified Ketogenic Diet (MKD)SavorySnackVegetarian
**Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional